Opened, development-mode ProjectBuilderWO projects

From: Ricardo Parada (rparad..ac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 18:16:55 EDT

    Hi All,

    I'm not sure if this is a WOLips / Eclipse or a WebObjects question.
    How does WebObjects finds opened, development-mode ProjectBuilderWO
    projects?

    Basically, I have project that I checked in to our source code
    control system (CVS).

    I can then check out the source and import the projects into
    Eclipse. When I debug the application in Eclipse it correctly prints
    some messages like this one when the application is launched:

    [2007-03-21 12:52:40 CDT] <main> *** The application has found the
    following opened, development-mode ProjectBuilderWO projects:
            (
            <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOProjectBundle:
    projectName='AppServerUtilities';
            bundlePath='/Users/ricardo/Source/Examples/Lab/AppServerUtilities/
    build/AppServerUtilities.framework';
            projectPath='/Users/ricardo/Source/Examples/Lab/AppServerUtilities'>
            )

    Which means I can edit WO components, save them and then when the
    browser refreshes it picks up the changes without having to build and
    restart the application. So that's really nice!

    However, when someone else checks out the project and imports into
    Eclipse and then proceeds to debug the application, none of these
    messages about "... found opened, development-mode ProjectBuilderWO
    projects: ..." are printed when the application is launched.

    Hence my question:

    How does WebObjects finds out that there are "opened, development-
    mode ProjectBuilderWO projects" ?

    My guess is that this is stored somewhere in a file and it may be
    hardcoding absolute paths that are valid only for my system. That
    would explain why they are not found when someone else checks out the
    source and runs the application (in debug mode).

    Please help, thanks.