Odd problem creating new project

From: womai..ac.com
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 16:46:12 EDT

    Apologies if this has been discussed before; I tried to search the
    archives but didn't find anything.

    I have just (today) updated my system to Eclipse 3.2.2 and WOLips
    3898, after not using WO for quite a while.

    After creating my first WOApplication project and adding the
    EOGenerator framework to it, I noticed a couple of warnings:

    The serializable class Main does not declare a static final
    serialVersionUID field of type long
    The serializable class Session does not declare a static final
    serialVersionUID field of type long

    I didn't know whether they had been there before I added the
    framework, so I deleted the project and tried to recreate it. This
    time, however, my project never had the extra contents a
    WOApplication project is supposed to have. I know about the timing
    bug but I don't think this was it; I tried many times and it never
    worked. Restarting Eclipse and even removing the workspace directory
    did not help.

    I finally narrowed it down somewhat - I can get my project creation
    to work again only by rebooting. It's not necessary to remove the
    workspace.

    I then was able to confirm that the two warnings are in the new
    project before the eogenerator framework is added.

    I don't care so much about the warnings but the project creation
    failure seems like a bug.

    Should I file a bug report somewhere?

    thanks,

    janine