Re: Odd problem creating new project

From: David LeBer (dlebe..odeferous.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 16:58:10 EDT

    On 27-Mar-07, at 4:46 PM, womai..ac.com wrote:

    > Apologies if this has been discussed before; I tried to search the
    > archives but didn't find anything.
    >
    > I have just (today) updated my system to Eclipse 3.2.2 and WOLips
    > 3898, after not using WO for quite a while.
    >
    > After creating my first WOApplication project and adding the
    > EOGenerator framework to it, I noticed a couple of warnings:
    >
    > The serializable class Main does not declare a static final
    > serialVersionUID field of type long
    > The serializable class Session does not declare a static final
    > serialVersionUID field of type long

    Those are just warnings. Most of us (OK, mostly I) just turn 'em off.

    Preferences -> Java -> Compiler -> Errors/Warnings -> Potential
    Programming Problems -> Serializable class without serialVersionUID -
    > Ignore

    > I didn't know whether they had been there before I added the
    > framework, so I deleted the project and tried to recreate it. This
    > time, however, my project never had the extra contents a
    > WOApplication project is supposed to have. I know about the timing
    > bug but I don't think this was it; I tried many times and it never
    > worked. Restarting Eclipse and even removing the workspace
    > directory did not help.

    This *is* a bug.

    It's covered in the wiki I think.

    Umm, yup, here: <http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/
    Create+a+new+WO+Application>

    "WOLips Bug: If you DO NOT see all of the items listed below, or if
    your src folder does not have a package icon on it, you have hit a
    WOLips bug that we are actively trying to track down. This particular
    bug is a race condition in project creation from a template where it
    ends up not creating a proper Java/WOLips project, so it doesn't
    autobuild or include all the frameworks. Try deleting and recreating
    until it looks more like the picture below. You can also try closing
    the project by right-clicking and choosing Close Project, then
    reopening the project in a similar fashion. We're working on this one."

    I usually wait for a minute or two then try closing the offending
    project (right click, Close Project) then open it again. Usually works.

    --
    ;david

    -- David LeBer Codeferous Software 'co-def-er-ous' adj. Literally 'code-bearing' site: http://www.codeferous.com blog: http://david.codeferous.com -- Toronto Area Cocoa / WebObjects developers group: http://www.tacow.org