WOlips Top Level Domain Names

From: Brad Gessler (bra..radgessler.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 11:10:23 EDT

    I've been tasked with evaluating WOlips for our dev team at work.
    While I was on the WOlips website I noticed that a wolips TLD was not
    purchased so I reserved wolips.org, wolipse.org, and wolipse.com so
    the squatters wouldn't be able to get it.

    I would like to redirect wolips.org, wolipse.org, and wolipse.com to
    http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Home (Or whatever
    webpage you'd like to redirect to).

    This raises a serious issue: who the hell is this "Brad" guy? For all
    you know I could point the domain at the site, and once people start
    entering through WOlips.org, he could take the name "hostage". Is
    there a foundation that I could transfer this domain to that has
    ownership over the WOlips project? If not, what are some more
    trustworthy ways in which I could redirect folks to the site in a way
    that everybody would feel comfortable?

    Overview:
    1.) What page do we redirect wolips.org, wolipse.org, and wolipse.org to?
    2.) If we choose to redirect, how can we trust Brad?

    Thanks everybody! Keep up the good work!

    --
    Brad Gessler
    http://www.bradgessler.com/