Re: Terminating App in Eclipse

From: Stephen Edwards (edward..s.vt.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2007 - 22:11:26 EDT

    Kieran Kelleher wrote:
    > Sometimes, I might do some action in Eclipse (for example install some
    > app) that disables my little red Terminate button in Eclipse for the woa

    The Console view shows the output for any (and all) console-oriented
    app(s) that you run in Eclipse. If you perform an action that results
    in another app running, you'll see its output too. External ANT
    builds are usually what does it to me :-).

    When this happens, look for a little icon on the right-hand side of the
    console view's title bar--it looks a little like a computer monitor.
    Click the little black triangle/down arrow next to it, and it will
    let you choose which console app you want to view in the console
    view. Switch back to your woa app's console, and your magic red
    square will be enabled again.

    This is a useful trick in the situation you describe, or in other
    situations where different tools send output to the console and
    you want to switch back and forth between their consoles.
    If there is only one console output available in the Console view,
    the icon will be grayed out of course.

                                     -- Steve

    --
    Stephen Edwards          3160A Torgersen Hall        Dept. of Computer Science
    e-mail      : edward..s.vt.edu           U.S. mail: Virginia Tech (VPI&SU)