No template found for component

From: Jean Pierre Malrieu (jp.malrie..ree.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 06:38:22 EDT

    Everything happens to me...
    In development mode, I get the following error:

    <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> No template
    found for component TDComponent at "file:/Users/jpm/Documents/
    EclipseTemp/workspace/TDBase/build/TDBase.woa".

    TDComponent is in a framework (called TDComps) that an app called
    TDBase depends upon.

    In order to organize my Frameworks with Project Wonder structure (and
    be capable to use the last build.xml), I have created a "Component"
    folder in the TDComps project (the framework), and put my components
    in there. Then, in development mode, TDBase (the app) won't see those
    components, hence the no template found error. If I move the
    components to the root of the framework project, everything is fine
    in development, but not in deployment (they don't get copied due to
    the recent build.xml).

    How would you tell the app that the components are not at the root of
    the framework?

    What puzzles me most is that the build folder (for the framework) has
    the following structure:

    TDComps.Framework
            Resources
                    French.lproj
                            my .wo files
                    Java
                    my api. files
            WebServerResources

    I don't see any difference in the build: whether or not my components
    are in a "Components" folder, the incremental build is the same (yes
    I cleaned the framework to be sure). And yet, the app sees the
    components in one case and not in the other.

    I would appreciate your help again.

    JPM