Re: No template found for component

From: Fabian Peters (lists.fabia..-lumo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 15:17:51 EDT

    Hi Chuck,

    Am 02.04.2007 um 19:52 schrieb Chuck Hill:

    > I _never_ have my components in the project root and I don't see
    > this problem.

    Well, do you have localized components? Maybe it's related to the
    localization part?

    I did not find very much info on "Folder References", which are
    required by WOResourceManager, according to the API, to locate
    resources in rapid turnaround mode. Maybe Ulrich can shed some light
    on this, but it's been quite a while I've seen a post from him...

    cheers

    Fabian

    > On Apr 2, 2007, at 10:20 AM, Fabian Peters wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Jean-Pierre,
    >>
    >> Am 02.04.2007 um 12:38 schrieb Jean Pierre Malrieu:
    >>
    >>> Everything happens to me...
    >>
    >> But not exclusively to you...
    >>
    >>> In development mode, I get the following error:
    >>> <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> No
    >>> template found for component TDComponent at "file:/Users/jpm/
    >>> Documents/EclipseTemp/workspace/TDBase/build/TDBase.woa".
    >>>
    >>> TDComponent is in a framework (called TDComps) that an app called
    >>> TDBase depends upon.
    >>>
    >>> In order to organize my Frameworks with Project Wonder structure
    >>> (and be capable to use the last build.xml), I have created a
    >>> "Component" folder in the TDComps project (the framework), and
    >>> put my components in there. Then, in development mode, TDBase
    >>> (the app) won't see those components, hence the no template found
    >>> error. If I move the components to the root of the framework
    >>> project, everything is fine in development, but not in deployment
    >>> (they don't get copied due to the recent build.xml).
    >>>
    >>> How would you tell the app that the components are not at the
    >>> root of the framework?
    >>>
    >>> What puzzles me most is that the build folder (for the framework)
    >>> has the following structure:
    >>>
    >>> TDComps.Framework
    >>> Resources
    >>> French.lproj