Re: No template found for component

From: Fabian Peters (lists.fabia..-lumo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 18:29:39 EDT

    Hi Chuck,

    >>> I _never_ have my components in the project root and I don't see
    >>> this problem.
    >>
    >> Well, do you have localized components? Maybe it's related to the
    >> localization part?
    >
    > I have a few, I don't use them much but I don't recall it causing
    > problems.

    As I wrote before, the problem appeared from the start with an app
    that is wholly localized and allows browsing w/o session creation. I
    was unable to reproduce this with an app that creates a session
    straight away.

    >> I did not find very much info on "Folder References", which are
    >> required by WOResourceManager, according to the API, to locate
    >> resources in rapid turnaround mode. Maybe Ulrich can shed some
    >> light on this, but it's been quite a while I've seen a post from
    >> him...
    >
    > "Folder References" is an Xcode term, nothing to do with WO. The
    > groups shown in Xcode don't necessarily correspond to actual
    > folders on the file system. If you don't use/make "Folder
    > References" in Xcode, you end up with
    >
    > Resources/
    > TDComponent.api
    > TDComponent.wod
    > TDComponent.html
    >
    > Instead of the correct
    > Resources/
    > TDComponent.api
    > TDComponent.wo/
    > TDComponent.wod
    > TDComponent.html

    Mhh, I came up with this due to the WOResourceManager API, which states:

    "Note that if you use Project Builder (rather than ProjectBuilderWO)
    and you add a folder of resources, they must be added as Folder
    References. This allows WOResourceManager to find them in rapid
    turnaround mode." <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/
    WebObjects/Reference/API/com/webobjects/appserver/
    WOResourceManager.html>

    This may be totally outdated or have nothing to do with the problem
    whatsoever. But it's all I came up with before I just reverted to my
    previous setup. Maybe you or somebody else more knowledgeable about
    the inner workings of NSBundle and WOResourceManager and/or the role
    of the IDE in rapid turnaround can shed some light.

    Fabian