[maven] MyApp.woapplication.tar.gz not preserving executable file mode

From: Fabian Peters (lists.fabia..-lumo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 12:19:17 EDT

    Hi,

    I looked into using maven-generated archives for actual deployment.
    I'd like to pull the packaged build from an internal maven repository
    on the build server, unpack it and then gracefully restart the app
    via JavaMonitor.
    However, all files (not directories...) get mode 0644 when unpacking
    the archive. Is this intended? Can it be changed? I could of course
    make the files in question executable after extraction, but I'd much
    prefer not having to this.

    How do others proceed with deployment? Do you build locally on the
    app-server machine?

    cheers

    Fabian