Re: [maven] MyApp.woapplication.tar.gz not preserving executable file mode

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 12:50:37 EDT

    Why not just set permissions and ownership in your deployment script?
    I use bash scripts for deployment and the enabler is my machine root
    user having authorized ssh key access to root on the deployment
    servers. Hence with a script I can build, rename, copy to remote, set
    owner/permissions on remote. When that's all done I go into Monitor
    and change config to new named woa for new instances, launch a new
    instance and refuse sessions on old instance.

    For example on a project called omega, the dist that is built locally
    on my machine is automatically named to sth like
    omega_20070412_1415.woa before copying to appserver (that's
    project_YYYYMMDD_HHMM.woa). Just change config to select the omega
    executable inside that after the deployment is done.

    HTH, Kieran