Re: location of WO jars on Windows

From: Joshua Archer (joshu..dl.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 12:09:39 EDT

    Me too.

    It seems completely ridiculous to allow for development on Apple for
    free and on cross-platform open source tools, and deployment
    explicitly permitted on any platform, but to restrict what OS a
    developer decides to use when running the same IDE as they would be
    using on Mac OS X. Why should it be legal to copy the WebObjects
    libraries to a non-Mac platform for deployment, but not for development?

    I *really* loathe to start the legal conversation up ONE MORE TIME,
    because we're all pretty tired of it, but this I think deserves
    clarification. Is it the case that most see it to be in violation of
    the 5.3 license to develop WO on non-mac platforms?

    Joshua

    On Apr 18, 2007, at 8:09 AM, Peter Wilkins wrote:

    > On Apr 17, 2007, at 10:48 PM, Stephen Edwards wrote:
    >
    >> ...but it would violate the terms of the license.
    >
    > I'm being fitted for a bright orange jump suit as I speak.

    -----
    Joshua Archer
    Software Engineer, CSU - Center for Distributed Learning
    Phone: 707.664.2085, Fax: 707.664.4350
    -----