Deploying with WOLips to JBoss

From: Jochen Haeberle (j..ensano.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 07:33:41 EDT

    Hi all,

    we're interested in getting rid of the standard / old deployment way
    (JavaMonitor etc) and are looking for infos about deploying to
    Tomcat/JBoss.
    So far we know about the following topics around this:

    1) The app has to be thread-safe, so you have to do some extra stuff,
    e. g. locking editing contexts in case of writing / changing data. We
    have Chuck Hill's book covering those aspects and have a lot of work
    to do in this area...

    ?) What else has to be considered and handled extra?
    ?) Where can we find more infos about this ?

    Infos like on
    http://homepage.mac.com/kelleherk/iblog/C1216817469/E1769995701/
    index.html
    by Chuck Hill seem to be a good starting point... but maybe there is
    more and newer stuff to this!?

    2) After looking into the mailing list the deployment process (with
    Eclipse/WOLips) for generating a WAR still seems to be... a little
    bit sophisticated ;-)

    ?) Which is the best way to get around this?
    Maybe developing with Eclipse, building and deploying with Xcode (for
    the next weeks / months)??
    Did some tests about this yesterday: wrong targets, lots of settings
    missing :-/

    ?) We wanna stick to Eclipse of course - where can we find more infos
    for deploying with Eclipse?
    ?) Is the building of a single WAR file to be preferred or are there
    better ways?
    ?) Who is doing this successfully ?

    Of course we found postings like
    http://objectstyle.org/woproject-old/lists/woproject-dev/
    2003/12/0073.html
    but still would love to have more details...

    3) Who uses JBoss? Which version is recommended? 3.2 or 4 ?

    4) Anything else wich we might have forgotten?

    Any help and hints are appreciated a lot. Thanks in advance!

    If you're near Munich we offer some beer too ;-)

    Best Regards,

    Thomas & Jochen

    Mit freundlichen Grüßen

    Jochen Häberle
    Leiter Technik & Entwicklung

    --
    sensano ag
    Marienstraße 14/16

    Sitz der Gesellschaft: München Amtsgericht München HRB 13 40 03 Vors. des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Michael Zoller Vorstand: Markus Behrens, Dr. Thomas Behrens