Re: Deploying with WOLips to JBoss

From: Garrick McFarlane (garrick.mcfarlan..bc.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 07:58:06 EDT

    Hi Thomas

    We have some experience in this area -- we are building WebObjects
    5.3 applications as WARs, using Eclipse as our IDE, and deploying
    them to a WebObjects-less JBoss production environment. However, in
    our case we have chosen not to use WOLips/WOProject for building the
    WARs, and use a pure Maven 2 approach instead. We are deploying
    successfully with the current stable JBoss 4.0.5 GA release, on Java
    1.5. We use Atlassian Bamboo for continuous integration.

    If you're going to WWDC, one of our engineers (Jake MacMullin) will
    be attending and I'm sure would be happy to talk to you about lessons
    learned, best practices, etc. He's doing a short overview at the
    WOWODC on the Sunday too if you're able to attend that.

    If you (or others) have any more questions at this stage, feel free
    to contact me off-list, as (in our case here) this isn't really
    WOProject stuff.

    Best wishes

    Garrick McFarlane
    Technical Lead, BBC News Content Production System
    BBC, London, UK

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/