Re: Debugging a Framework

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 16:10:45 EDT

    > That said, the loophole could easily be closed by touching every
    > file in the build directory. That makes deployment less efficient,
    > but also makes it a bit harder to shoot yourself in the foot.
    The better way would be to delete the entire dist folder on a
    deploy. The problem is that you can also end up with old .wo's. For
    instance, if you refactor=>rename a wo, you will still have the old
    wo name in your folder. It's possible to screw yourself under
    certain circumstances (say you moved a wo from the app to a framework
    -- you would instead end up loading the .wo in your app instead of
    the framework version = complete disaster).

    > zak.
    >
    > p.s. Incidentally, this kind of problem is why I deploy to
    > versioned directories and then have my apps use un-versioned
    > symlinks pointing to a versioned directory. For example,
    This would work too ...

    ms