Re: Noticing changes to a WOTextField

From: Mark Morris (mark..ac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 16:17:28 EDT

    Just some quick thoughts to hopefully point you in the right direction.

    There are a lot of approaches you could take, like adding an onChange
    javascript handler to the text fields, but here's a server-side
    idea. First the embedded component needs to know something changed.
     From within the submit's action method, you could check for changes
    in the editing context (assuming these are EO values, and there
    wouldn't be unsaved changes besides what was done on that page).
    That would be one was to avoid coming up with your own mechanism for
    determining if a value actually changed.

    Once the submit method determined that there are changes, the
    embedded component can call an action in the parent with
    performParentAction, firing off the expensive event.

    Regards,
    Mark