Re: [OS-JIRA] Created: (WOL-407) Entity Modeler -> please default new attributes with locking=false and allows_null=true

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 04:06:02 EDT

    On 22/04/2007, at 4:04 PM, Lachlan Deck (JIRA) wrote:

    > Entity Modeler -> please default new attributes with locking=false
    > and allows_null=true
    > -----------------
    >
    > Key: WOL-407
    > WOL-407
    > Project: WOProject/WOLips
    > Issue Type: Improvement
    > Components: wolips
    > Affects Versions: 2.0.0.* (unreleased please specify)
    > Environment: WOLips 2.0.0.3928, Mac OS X 10.4.9, Eclipse
    > 3.2.2 (Build id: M20070212-1330)
    > Reporter: Lachlan Deck
    >

    > I'm finding the defaults for new attributes are the opposite of
    > what I'd like. Perhaps others find the same... perhaps a preference
    > for these would be nice.
    >
    > i.e., When adding new attributes in entity modeler (especially when
    > building a completely new model) most of the time you often only
    > want locking selected for the primary key. But each new attribute
    > is always created with this on. Given that this isn't inherited
    > from the prototypes it's fiddly having to turn them off all the time.

    Can someone please to me what the point in having locking only on the
    primary key is? The way I understand it you may was well not have any
    locking at all if you do this. I was of the belief that you want
    locking applied to ANY and ALL attributes that are able to be edited
    concurrently and don't change automagically. Having locking off for
    new attributes would be the wrong default behaviour if you ask me.

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia Ph: +61 419 729 806