Re: [OS-JIRA] Created: (WOL-407) Entity Modeler -> please default new attributes with locking=false and allows_null=true

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 09:39:23 EDT

    On 27/04/2007, at 9:48 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >>> Entity Modeler -> please default new attributes with
    >>> locking=false and allows_null=true
    >>
    >> Can someone please to me what the point in having locking only on
    >> the primary key is? The way I understand it you may was well not
    >> have any locking at all if you do this. I was of the belief that
    >> you want locking applied to ANY and ALL attributes that are able
    >> to be edited concurrently and don't change automagically. Having
    >> locking off for new attributes would be the wrong default
    >> behaviour if you ask me.
    > I actually agree with this as well, which is why I haven't fixed
    > this. I can add this as a preference setting, but that requires me
    > to make an entity modeler preference page,
    +1

    Personally I don't understand the point of having locking on every
    attribute by default - and it's annoying having to untick them
    constantly and to constantly tick 'allow null'. I can appreciate if
    you'd want locking on a small subset of the attributes to indicate
    that a change has occurred such as on a 'modified' timestamp, but
    other than that what benefit do you gain by locking every attribute?

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck