Re: new html editor

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2007 - 15:07:23 EDT

    No problem. that sounds great. Looking forward to it. I had just
    downloaded EclipseTidy (like HTMLTidy and it chokes all over the
    place .... useless for WOComponent HTML).

    Here is a short-term workaround and it does a "perfect job" out of
    the box is:
    1) Select all (in the html part of a WOComponent)
    2) Copy/Paste into an empty BBEdit HTML file (www.bbedit.com)
    3) Select all
    4) Markup -> Utilities -> Format (no choking whatesoever on wo
    tags .... I guess their slogan is true that "BBEdit Doesn't Suck"_
    5) Copy/Paste back into Eclipse

    Maybe the free TextWrangler has this feature, I don't know, but if
    you have a copy of BBEdit, this is a short-term workaround .....
    mainly useful for working with those old WOComponents that were
    created in WOBuilder and the html looks a complete mess now that
    WOLips/Eclipse is being used.

    I had a go an making Automator workflow, but BBEdit support for
    Automater seemed on executing the Format command .... and I am on a
    deadline this week and next, so no more time to fiddle with it.

    Regards, Kieran