Re: Entity Modeler ... how to edit external width, scale, precision?

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2007 - 17:25:33 EDT

    I was working on a hunch that my earlier problem with SQL generation
    might have been something to do with it since the Integer cast
    exception was in the stack trace. I changed the prototype in
    EOModeler to have a width and it did not fix the SQL generation anyway.

    By thw way, in MySQL, integers are specified as INT(11) for example.
    The 11 is the "display width". All my ints are 11 anyway, but one use
    of it would be a 5 digit zip code where the integer could have a
    display width of 5 and IIRC there is a left pad with zeroes option to
    you could have zip code 00549 show up correctly .... but since we use
    Entities and Java classes, we have no use for those features anyway

    But, not that I need to know right now, but a DECIMAL type does need
    a scale and precision ....... how does one edit that in Entity Modeler?

    Regards, Kieran