Re: WOD Editor and methods from super classed

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 07:40:38 EDT

    > Hi,
    >
    > thanks mike, the new wod editor rocks! Its really a big improvement.
    >
    > I got only one problem:
    > My component java classes are not inherited from WOComponent class.
    > I have a special
    > component class with utility methods beetween. (called
    > ExtendedWOComponent)
    >
    > My problem is, that the method from this class will be recognized
    > by the wod editor as not available.
    > Can you change that? The key for example is "loc" and I get the
    > following message:
    > "There is no Key 'firstName' for the keypath 'loc' in CBla...."
    Can you send me exactly the method signature for "loc" along with
    exactly the type hierarchy (just class names) for a component that is
    having this problem? If it's a public method on ExtendedWOComponent,
    it should "just work".

    > The story behing is, that I have in the COmponent Utility class a
    > method loc() which returns the current ERXLocalizer.
    What exactly is the relationship between the component utility class
    and the loc() method on your component? is it like:

    public class ExtendedWOComponent extends WOComponent {
            public ERXLocalized loc() {
                    return ComponentUtilities.loc();
            }
    }