Re: WOD Editor/ WOBuilder Bindings

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 19:30:15 EDT

    I can't speak for the other committers, but I won't spend any of my
    time supporting WOBuilder. It's going away and any time spent would
    be wasted effort that could be spent making the core tools nicer. I
    know this isn't what many people want to hear, but it's just the
    reality. EOModeler and WOBuilder are on life support and the plug is
    going to be pulled. It would behoove you to get used to the editing
    style in WOLips. I have plenty of complicated pages, and I don't
    have any issues editing them without WOBuilder. There any lots of
    ways you can view them in an easier way ... You can view your
    template with the outline view, you can use code collapsing in the
    HTML editor to collapse away tags that aren't useful to you at the
    moment. There is completion is just about everything now. Andrew
    Lindesay is working on some palettes for the component editor, also,
    so that should make the process a little nicer for transitioning
    people as well.

    ms