Re: WOComponent validator, need to hack around

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 17:27:54 EDT

    I have made the binding parser a little better:

    1) I think it was tokenizing this wrong -- it should have found the
    .. and parsed the rest as an operator. That now functions properly,
    so BindingValueKeyPath can return its operator to the validator.

    2) There's a new option to turn off warnings for..perators

    3) There's a new preference pane where you can define valid binding
    regexs. For instance, you can make:
    Component Regex = .*\.MDT.*
    Valid Binding Regex = ^localizer\..*

    What this says is that any time there is a component with a ".MDT" in
    the component class name, bypass the validator for any binding value
    that starts with "localizer.".

    So if all of your components have a "loc" binding, you would map
    Component Regex .* to Valid Binding Regex ^loc\.

    At some point, all the binding validations should be an extension
    point so you can plug in custom ones.

    ms