Re: new html editor

From: Gavin Eadie (gavi..mich.edu)
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 10:02:51 EDT

    Is this conversation is moving in the direction of deeper changes to
    the "WebObjects HTML" than the simple <wo abbreviation and OGnl
    enhancements?

    Is it sacrilege for me to suggest that some of us write up a proposal
    (deadline WWDC) that we take to the larger community? I know many
    have 'given up' on Apple, but they still hold a measure of control
    over the product that makes me nervous when we consider forking a
    WOLips special specification for the HTML. With ideas and code
    changes in WOLips coming fast in this area, I wouldn't want us to
    paint ourselves into a corner.

    Maybe all the key players are already in this mailing list, and maybe
    any such fork in the HTML can still be coped with by the overload of
    the shipping parser, but I am concerned about the day that someone
    not using the WOLips inherits my code, or (gasp) the day Apple
    rewrites WOBuilder (dreaming) ... Gav