Re: new html editor

From: Guido Neitzer (list..vent-s.net)
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 12:30:59 EDT

    On 09.05.2007, at 10:11, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > or possibly adding additional attributes to <webobject ... > tags
    > because the WO parser does not care about these.

    I don't really like them because the show up the in the HTML of the
    page itself after the WO parser has done its work and if the
    components adds additional parameters to its html. I know that I
    don't have to use them, but it encourages the use instead of
    encouraging building correct templates.

    As I said: I'm pretty happy that the new HTML editor shows me defect
    structures in my components and I solve these problems. Okay, I tried
    for about 20 minutes to solve an non-existing problem in a more
    complex component until I realized that it is a bug in HTML editor
    and not in my component ... ;-) An update fixed this.

    > I added support for the bullshit invalid unquoted name=Whatever
    > webobject attributes that WOBuilder (used to? still does? who
    > knows ...) generates.

    Btw generating ugly tags ... is there a reason that the buttons in
    the new HTML editor generate

    <WEBOBJECT NAME="ComponentName"></WEBOBJECT>

    and not

    <webobject name="ComponentName"></webobject>

    ? To make it even more realistic they should generate "weobject" at a
    random interval, just to have the normal fun in component building ...

    I don't use the buttons, but I think even WebObjects builder stopped
    using uppercase tags ... not sure about that though.

    cug