Re: WOOgnl ... cool

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 18:51:22 EDT

    > In the latest release the wo tags kept popping up instead of my old
    > webobject html template ugly tags, so I was inspired to try out wo
    > tags and ognl as per Mike's WoTips. Very cool.... kicking myself
    > again for the umpteenth time for not doing this sooner!
    Two tips, one question.

    tip 1: use <wo:not condition = "$isEditable"> for the second one
    instead of resorting to OGNL. wo:not is implemented as a
    TagProcessor in wonder that turns into (WOConditional, negate = true,
    condition = whatever).

    tip 2: while <wo:whatever> is implemented in the validator as a
    "loose" namespace (that is, <wo:if> can be closed by </wo>), you get
    better error checking if you close your <wo:whatever> with </
    wo:whatever>. Basically a </wo> can close any <wo:whatever>, but a </
    wo:somethingElse> can't. So if you have <wo:if></wo:not> that would
    be an error, but <wo:if></wo> would not, so you potentially miss a
    family of mistakes.

    question:
    why is wo:if marked as an error in your editor?

    ms