Using WOLips without native WebObjects install

From: Philipp Leusmann (philipp.leusman..wth-aachen.de)
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 07:44:19 EDT

    lHello,

    I recently switched my working System from XP to Vista. On the XP system
    I installed WebObjects to a directory which is still accessible from Vista.
    I would now like to continue working on my project from within Vista. I
    already installed WOLips in my Eclipse which lead to the conclusion that
    I could not compile my project. This is logical, since the newly
    installed WOLips doesn´t know about the WebObject installation path.
    Afterwards I tried to copy the WebObjects-specific environment variables
    from XP to Vista, but WOLips still doesn´t find the WO libs.
    I tried to alter the Classpath variables in Eclipse prefernces, but when
    trying to open the prefs page I get a "assertion failed: Variable path
    cannot be null". Don´t know if this is related to my problem, though.
    Anyway, when I close the prefs window with the "Classpath Variables"
    entry selected and then reopen it, I can finally see the variables.
    Among them NEXT_LOCAL_ROOT = \, NEXT_ROOT = \System and NEXT_SYSTEM_ROOT
    = \System. But when I alter them, the project still doesn´t compile adn
    after an eclipse restart they are at their previous values again. Also I
    don´t even know which are the correkt values for NEXT_LOCAL_ROOT and
    NEXT_SYSTEM_ROOT.
    Is there a way to get this whole stuff running without needing to
    install WO again? Maybe any eclipse config-file hacking? For now I´ll
    try to uninstall WOLips and reinstall it. Maybe it works this time, now
    the System Environment Variables are set. I´ll let you know if it works.

    Any comments?

    Regards,
     Philipp