Re: Beware BBEdit HTML Formatting with inline ognl tags

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 17:41:51 EDT

    >> For the sake of eliminating my crappy fix and taking note of
    >> Anjo's feedback on my code quality, I've settled for making nice
    >> shortcuts! ;-)
    >
    > Gee... I can't even post some positive criticism without getting
    > put in the wringer! Crappy world we live in :/
    I did take it positively! ... I'm just kidding ... and I always
    appreciate when you take the time to reply!

    > Anyway on this fix: while I think that Mike's wo:whatever is cool,
    > I'd be extremely careful with it for the time being. Firstly, for
    > simple things with single or two value bindings they might make
    > things easier, but more than that will make things utterly unreadable.
    I agree and realize that, so I am only using this on conditionals and
    value-binding only WOStrings

    > But secondly, these are totally arbitrary constructs of one
    > creative (if a bit over-active and sleep deprived) mind. No way you
    > will be able to share code with people unless all of you agree on sth.
    When I adopted Wonder back when I did, I knew it was a marriage
    commitment with no going back, but I do try and watch dependencies on
    frameworks ....... and if I depend on ERXExtensions, which I do
    heavily, then a little WOOgnl dependency is not such a big deal.

    As always, I appreciate help from yourself, Mike, Chuck, etc. ... and
    am sad that I cannot see you all "live" at WOWODC.