Re: WOL-369

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 02:17:54 EDT

    On 16/05/2007, at 4:08 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > I don't believe EOModeler can produce vertical inheritance
    > automatically (only single table or horizontal).

    While that's true - it only takes a second to change it to vertical.
    e.g.,
    1) Create EntityA (with attributes id and name).
    2) Select EntityA and choose Property > Create Subclass.
    3) select new entity and change it's names to EntityB.

    Note that the inherited attributes are simply italicised.

    > If you're seeing italicized, that would be horizontal or single
    > table inheritance. I believe vertical requires all flattened
    > attributes, which would be bold.

    Not unless I'm mistaken.

    with regards,

    --