Re: WOL-369

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 03:33:10 EDT

    > I am finding however that when exporting sql from the model that if
    > the parent entity is marked as abstract that I'm still getting a
    > statement to create its table. Why would that be?
    As far as table layout, for vertical, there should still be the
    parent class table because you would still need to be able to join to
    the parent table to pickup its shared attributes (shared among
    multiple subclasses). For Horizontal, though, I suspect it depends
    on your database. I think you may still get a table creation because
    of PK generation ... I seem to recall that FrontBase needs to have
    the table there to generate ids that are unique across all subclasses
    -- I have a really hazy memory of Chuck mentioning this a while
    back ... or maybe I'm confabulating the entire thing.

    ms