Re: New to Eclipse and WOLips, what happens?

From: Pascal Robert (prober..s.ca)
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 09:14:26 EDT

  • Next message: Jerry W. Walker: "Re: [OS-JIRA] Commented: (WOL-425) Improvement for "Add new Entity index" - allow highlighted attribute(s) to populate 'name' and 'attributes' fields of new index."

    Le 07-05-16 à 08:53, Johan Henselmans a écrit :

    > OK, I've bitten the bullet and decided the next project will be
    > done in Eclipse and WOLips.
    >
    > And now I remember why I did not do it before. I first tried to set
    > up Eclipse. Problem with 3.2.2 was that the help function did not
    > work. And the updates did not work. On a hunch, I tried running
    > Eclipse under admin privileges. Now updates do work.

    I guess you mean that Eclipse's help system can't start ? I had this
    problem too. You have to open Console.app and check if you have log
    entries like this :

    javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
    org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found
            at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance
    (SAXParserFactory.java:113)

    In my case, it's because I had old versions of commons-logging and
    xerces in /Library/Java/Extensions, and the help system from Eclipse
    would not start because of it.