Re: [OS-JIRA] Created: (WOL-407) Entity Modeler -> please default new attributes with locking=false and allows_null=true

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 10:23:33 EDT

    btw, the next build has:

    1) configuration options to set the default values for allows null
    and locking

    2) bunch of performance improvements. It's a LITTLE bit of a cop
    out, but basically whereas before, adding entities, relationships,
    attributes, etc would (in the same thread, blocking) update the
    properties view (which was surprisingly very expensive), now I
    throttle that operation by 250ms in a queue. So if you
    clickclickclickclickclickclick and add 6 attributes, they batch up
    the selection into a single operation. Right now all the entities/
    attributes added within a single batch are selected at the end of
    that operation. I'm open for comments as to whether people prefer
    the LAST selected or ALL selected. So what you'll notice is that
    there's a slight selection lag when you add a single element (250ms),
    but there's a HUGE performance gain when you add multiple elements.
    I can tweak this time, too based on feedback.

    3) hitting enter in editors in table views automatically edits the
    corresponding column of the next row. I don't have tab support yet
    because it's kind of a tricky and nasty beast

    4) model loading happens in the background now -- before opening a
    model would hang the UI and beachball while parsing/loading models.
    It's a little friendlier now in that it immediately goes into EM, but
    with a progress dialog telling you what it's doing (scanning folders,

    5) bunch of other misc fixes

    ms