Why use maven for WO development?

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2007 - 08:31:51 EDT

    Ok, I understand how ant plays with woproject, wolips and WO
    development in general, but I have not yet explored the utility of
    using maven in any depth, but I feel that from what I have heard
    about it in the past, it's something I should at least explore to
    some degree.

    I have briefly looked at the maven documentation, and the woproject
    maven documentation, and they cover HOW to use maven, and set it up,
    but one thing that is not immediately clear to someone who is not yet
    familiar with maven, is WHY I should consider using maven at all?
    It's fine to say maven makes things easy, uses standard conventions,
    is fun or whatever, but ant does a pretty decent job, so I am curious
    where the benefits lie.

    Is using maven for WO development a solution worth considering over
    using Ant, or is it simply a different way of doing the same thing?
    Are there any compelling reasons why one should invest the time to
    learn to use maven?

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia Ph: +61 419 729 806