Re: Still learning: eogenerator Failed with error code 133, then EntityModeler perspective disappears

From: Johan Henselmans (joha..etsense.nl)
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 11:37:18 EDT

    On 21-mei-2007, at 15:00, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > Try closing and reopening the project and see if that makes a
    > diff. There is some race condition during project creation that
    > has been lingering for about 1000 releases.
    >
    > ms

    Ah! That makes a diff indeed. Closing and opening the project lets
    the frameworks appear magically. I can now start the application.
    Which brings me to the next questions.

    1- I have dragged a project from Practical Webobjects into my
    workspace. Why can't I see it? What is the magical trick?

    2- I tried to use the ER prototypes, with a D2W application. I am
    using Postgresql with the postgresjdbc prototypes.

    Some of the elements of the entities are dates, others are strings,
    others are relations to other objects. Why do I see stuff like:

    <class com.webobjects.foundation.NSData (offset=0, length=10, data=
    [50]'2', [48]'0', [48]'0', [53]'5', [45]'-', [48]'0', [49]'1',
    [45]'-', [48]'0', [49]'1')>
    and
    <com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOGenericRecord 1827c9 _EOIntegral

    Also I can not edit the date attributes, nor the Text attributes. So
    I added ErD2W Project, and then had to add ERXExtensions project and
    ERXJars Framework. I edited the Application class, the Session class
    and the Main, Menuheader, Pagewrapper class to import er.extensions
    and friends.

    Now, if I log in to the application, I get the default page, but
    whenever I try to build a qurey, I get the error code:

    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No key operator available to
    compute aggregate..ortAsc.toString

    3-When I want to install a framework, there is only the option to
    install it in /Library/Frameworks, if I try the ant install way under
    WOLips tools, it installs the framework directly into /Library/
    Frameworks. How do I adjust that to the more laborious, but more
    secure way of getting the stuff in a /tmp/ folder, like XCode used to
    do?

    4-I am trying to run as a non-admin user, as it seems The Right Way
    (tm), but that does not work with the ant install procedure, and it
    does not work with the eclipse install procedure. I would add that to
    the Wiki, that not running as an admin user while configuring and
    expanding Eclipse is a no-no, and gives you very strange methods.

    5-I have found several equally confusing ways to run an app. First
    there seems to be the Contextual Menu Run As WOAppplication, that
    brings us to a filter window Select Java Application that has
    magically selected _WOSimpleApplication, com.webobjects.appserver.

    Then there is this icon toolbar that seems to be meant to torture
    near sighted computer users, with miniscule pictures, with even more
    miniscule popup menus that also gives the possibility to run as
    WOApplication which gives the filter window, but also the opportunity
    to run something, after which one gets into a myriad of choices with
    Apache Tomcat, etc and also WOApplication. I have somehow managed to
    get there 4 different configurations (_WOSimpleApplication and
    _WOSimpleApplication (1), New_configuration and New Configuration (1))

    Where do these things come from? Can I chuck them away?

    I am sorry for all the questions, but I somehow seems to miss the
    answers in the Wiki, and the mailinglist archive is not searchable,
    so...

    >>> There are tons of EM fixes in the nightly builds, btw ... Not
    >>> trying to lure you from the "stable" build, just letting you know
    >>> so that you are aware of it.
    >>>
    >>> ms
    >>>

    >> OK, I am now running 4043 of WOLips. However when I choose New-
    >> >D2WApplication direct or via New->Other..., in both cases the
    >> Project seems a bit... empty? No WOFrameworks folder in Package
    >> Explorer, nor a build or a Libraries and Resources folder.
    >>
    >> I would assume I would find a WOFrameworks, add my business logic
    >> framework over there and then fire up the application. What is wrong?
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Johan Henselmans
    >> http://www.netsense.nl
    >> Tel: +31-20-6267538