Logging in Eclipse, finding the project the file is from.

From: Johan Henselmans (joha..etsense.nl)
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 13:00:23 EDT

    I am seriously confused, dazed by this more is more attitude of
    Eclipse. I have read the woproject mailing list now from september
    last year until march, and will finish this evening. I have looked at
    the wiki's, and sometimes discover some interesting stuff.

    I somehow managed to find my way into importing projects, and
    deleting them again, creating different workspaces, and compiling
    stuff. There are still many confusing parts, however.

    For instance: I have imported the latest Wonder, by importing over
    Wonder/Common, then Wonder/Ajax then Wonder/Plugins and Wonder/Validity.

    After that everything started to compile, and I got some error
    messages. But all the logging ends up in one window (Console), with
    another window.

    I always only find logging that I don't want. For instance, if I have
    a project running, and I am trying to install another project, I see
    some blue lines passing by that describe that the install failed of
    course, but before I can look what permissions should be fixed before
    I give up and run as root, the logging of the running project is back
    in place (in red lines).

    How can I look at the logging that disappeared?

    Another mystery for me is how one knows which file from which project
    one is editing. I know, you should only Program Once, so there should
    only be one Session.java that should for once and all take care of
    every situation, but I am from the Paste Many generation, and so I
    sometimes have three or four Session.java files open at the same
    time. In XCode you could just see which project the file belonged to
    because every project had it's own project window, and if it was a
    separate window with the java code, you could apple-click on the file
    name in the top-bar to see what the path was.

    What do you use to find out what that is?

    I noticed that one of the WOWODC sessions is about migrating from
    XCode to Eclipse. I did not know about the conference until it was
    too late, unfortunately. But I am more than willing to play the
    stupid sorcerers pupil during the sessions and see with how many
    broom sticks I can come up, before Chuck, Mike, Anjo and Uli the
    sorcerers save the day.

    Regards,

    Johan Henselmans