Re: Soft wrapping

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2007 - 23:45:42 EDT

    On 30/05/2007, at 1:20 PM, Kieran Kelleher wrote:

    > FWIW, as I work on projects that have components created long ago
    > in WOBuilder, every time I need to edit a component that is not
    > formatted legibly (for example long horizontal lines), I have found
    > that using BBEdit to format it (takes about 20 seconds) is worth
    > the trouble. I basically have a BbEdit window always open with the
    > HTML file type selected at bottom of the window. http://
    > www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/demo.shtml
    >
    > Then in Eclipse I do a Cmd-A to select all the component HTML,
    > paste into the BbEdit window, Cmd-A again to select all of what I
    > just pasted in BBEdit, then select Markup/Utilities/Format menu,
    > then Cmd-X to cut, then switch back to Eclipse (Cmd-tab), then
    > paste Cmd-V. Now I have a nice hierarchially formatted html that is
    > easier to work with.

    You might prefer doing this:
    a) Preferences > General > File Associations > *.html
    b) click Add... (Associated Editors)
    c) click external programs, Browse... (I've chosen /usr/local/bin/
    mate for TextMate)
    d) click Default (optional)
    e) if not default, right-click on file and select Open With >
    'editorOfChoice'.
    g) if you save the file in the external program eclipse knows.

    That should save you a lot of copying/pasting.

    > Hopefully someday, we will have a format command in WOLips that
    > will perform a similar style formatting.

    Sure.

    > On May 29, 2007, at 10:39 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:
    >
    >> is there anything available that would toggle soft-wrapping the
    >> html in the component editor?
    >>
    >> Currently I get no wrapping at all which is often fine but there
    >> are times when I'd like to use a softwrap to save the horizontal
    >> scrolling.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck