Re: Soft wrapping

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 17:29:15 EDT

    One caveat with the current version of BBEdit is that the Format
    command lowercases all the tags, so the inline stuff like
    <wo:ERXEqualConditional ... > gets rewritten as lowercase, so I have
    only used the shortcuts like <wo:if ...> etc and for one or two
    inline mixed case class name ones that I really, really wanted (rare
    anyway), I make a lowercase shortcut alias to make sure I can happily
    continue to clean up formatting using BBEdit. Other than that, the
    BBEdit html format seems to be generic enough to handle any tags
    thrown at it.... I like the resulting format.

    (Mike S., if you are interested in seeing how BBEdit reformats for
    inspiration, the downloadable demo version lasts a month if you don't
    have a copy already)

    Regarding being too expensive ...... sure, I hate paying for stuff,
    especially if I am not going to use it every day or week, but for ~
    $80 or whatever it is, I have definitely recouped my money's worth in
    the time since I switched to WOLips.... and I like it for editing
    bash scripts too, although the free TextWrangler from the same
    company is nice too, but does not have the HTML format utility.

    Sth less than $50 is easy to justify, less than $100 is easy
    too ......... it's the $500 stuff like JProfiler just chokes me to
    open my wallet. Wish they would sell it for $99 or sth like that.

    Cheers, Kieran