Re: project templates

From: David LeBer (dlebe..odeferous.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 23:15:25 EDT

    On 6-Jun-07, at 11:09 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > Currently we have two primary templates that you can start a
    > project with -- WOApplication/WOFramework and WOnder Application/
    > WOnder Framework. I would like to propose that we just have one
    > template set, and I propose that the one should be the WOnder style.
    >
    > In almost every respect it is better than the previous defaults.
    > It's WAY easier for new folks to begin working on projects. You
    > don't have to think about includes and excludes -- You just put
    > things in the right folders and it works. Note that these
    > templates really have nothing to do with Wonder, it just happens to
    > be the Wonder project layout. Obviously this has zero impact on
    > existing projects, only new projects going forward. At the very
    > least, I believe Wonder should be the default style, but in the
    > long run it's much less confusing to go ahead and scrap the
    > original templates and present just the wonder versions.
    >
    > I have been building all of my projects with this for several
    > months, and obviously Wonder itself uses them, and it really is
    > painless in comparison ... With the non-Wonder templates, I always
    > had to play the guessing game of wondering if resources/wsr will
    > end up in the right place. With Wonder, it Just Works (TM). There
    > is also the potential of being able to further integrate Wonder's
    > very nice (thanks Anjo) ant build system in the future, but given
    > that I mostly hate ant, I don't want to think too much about that
    > part :)

    I've been using the Wonder templates for a while as well.

    I wouldn't miss the old ones if they went away.

    The Wonder templates set Application and Session to extend ERX*
    right? Would that impact anyone negatively?

    --
    ;david

    -- David LeBer Codeferous Software 'co-def-er-ous' adj. Literally 'code-bearing' site: http://codeferous.com blog: http://davidleber.net profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidleber -- Toronto Area Cocoa / WebObjects developers group: http://tacow.org