Re: A few simple questions...

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2007 - 12:08:26 EDT

    On Jun 9, 2007, at 6:30 AM, Riccardo De Menna wrote:

    > On 09/giu/07, at 15:19, Riccardo De Menna wrote:
    >
    >> 2. The binding validation (omg validating ognl is so cool) is
    >> fantastic but what if I have some bindings that are not strong
    >> typed? Let's say for example a binding that points to
    >> parent.someCustomMethod. The validator claims parent has no such
    >> method but I know it does since at runtime it will. Can I inform
    >> the validator to skip that entry? Or can I cast it via ognl into
    >> the correct type to calm down the validator? The specific case of
    >> parent can be fixed by adding an pattern in the preferences to
    >> skip anything starting with "parent." but I came across other
    >> issues of the same problem on custom code.
    >> Same applies to some warnings about "collection" objects or even
    >> the..ount operator I use often. I know it's only a warning but
    >> can I still get warnings and disable them one by one? (This wod
    >> validation is so addictive I can't tolerate the idea of turning it
    >> off :-).
    >
    > Oh ok I found the // VALID comment in Anjo's code... I knew there
    > had to be a way :P Is there some place where can I find some
    > documentation on these things? Other possible "comments"?

    That has always been the problem. The people who write the code put
    a lot of effort into it and often lack the energy / will to document
    it other than a post to the list. The experienced people generally
    don't need documentation other than that post to the list so they
    don't write it. Newbies need the documentation, but don't know it so
    they can't write it. Once they do know, they no longer need it, so
    they still don't write it.

    the documentation. Every sentence helps!

    The site to do this on is: http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/
    display/WOL/Home

    Right now, it is all under the tutorials. As we get more information
    published, we may need to add more structure / organization to this.

    Chuck