Re: A few simple questions...

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2007 - 13:09:22 EDT

    >> 3. Last thing I swear :-) Where's the "syncronizeWithSchema"
    >> function of EOModeler? Don't tell me I have to update things
    >> manually via command line as I'm sure I would destroy my data. If
    >> it's not included in wolips, how do you usually update your models
    >> without loosing data when the issue arises? Some custom app?
    >
    > Not sure about that. I always change the model then create a
    > script to update the database. There is a set of very nice classes
    > in Wonder to automatically update schemas for you. I don't recall
    > the name at the moment...
    Reverse engineering exists, but schema sync does not right now. This
    is mainly because 1) I don't use it and 2) it doesn't ACTUALLY solve
    the problem (just a piece of it). I'm guessing Chuck is referring to
    the migrations stuff in Wonder. It's actually not automatic, it's
    more about the automatic MANAGEMENT of the process.

    ms