Re: [Wonder-disc] WOLips component editor formatting

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 13:59:07 EDT

    Just noticed this was on Wonder ... Switching it over to wolips:

    >>> I think what would be ideal for readability would be to
    >>> have each tag declaration on its own line, so that:
    >> The rules are never quite this simple for making it look good ... But
    >> what you've pasted here is not what I get when I format the same
    >> code, which leads me to believe maybe you have not-the-latest-
    >> version?
    >
    > I went under the eclipse help menu and selected Software Updates ->
    > Find And Install -> Search for updates of the currently installed
    > features, and it did, after a very long time, find some kind of
    > update to WOLips, but after installing it, things format the same
    > way. Apparently I have version 2.0.0.3801 of all of the WOLips
    > plugins now (according to Eclipse -> About Eclipse SDK -> Plug-in
    > Details). Is that the most recent, and if not, how do I get and
    > install a more recent copy?
    Ah yes .. You're installing off the stable build instead of the
    nightly build. You're not using the new editor at all, which
    explains all the suckitude you are experiencing.

    >>> <wo:if condition="$subscriptionItem.active">
    >>> <wo:link action="$editSubscription">
    >>> Edit
    >>> </wo:link>
    >>> </wo:if>
    >> I disagree with this one (as captured in the current version). For
    >> non-html text that appears between tags without newlines in it, I
    >> prefer inlining it.
    >
    > I totally agree with you. I just assumed it would be easier to
    > code the formatter to not have to account for this detail.
    Yes .. It would have been :) Formatting was surprisingly complicated
    to get right because it's trying to algorithmically make the code
    "look good".

    > content type)". If I could get my editor to format things the way
    > your editor is formatting things, I would be a happy camper.
    See stable v nightly up above.

    >> I doubt it, but there's only one way to find out ...
    >
    > Fair enough :). I don't even really know where this code would
    > be. Do I even have access to this code? Any hints to get me
    > started? Thanks for the help.
    First upgrade to nightly, then try ... There are some pages on the
    wolips wiki about working on wolips, but I think they are still from
    CVS days? Not positive about that. This code is in the
    org.objectstyle.wolips.wodclipse.core plugin, I think ...
    FormatRefactoring or something like that. I don't have Eclipse open
    at the moment.

    ms