Re: WOLips for beginners, ERXD2Wlist

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2007 - 22:39:43 EDT

    Please try to keep emails on the mailing lists so everyone can
    benefit ...

    > Mike,
    >
    > I am steadily progressing in my WOLips for beginners document. I
    > have some questions about it:
    >
    > Key-shortcuts: I now have:

    > The ten commandments of shortcuts
    >
    > CTRL-Shitf -O: Get the proper import files in a .java file:
    > Shift-CMD-L: show the shortcuts. Shift-CMD=L one more time: goto to
    > the shortcut preferences.
    > STRL-space: completion. This one screws up with the standard
    > settings for Spotlight, which are also CMD-space. Some have tried
    > to move CMD-space to something else in Eclipse, but that does not
    > seems to be picked up everywhere. Better replace Spotlight to
    > something else.
    > F3: select anything takes you to the definition
    > CMD-2 rename names of variables/methods
    > CMD-1 Quickfix: suggest you a fix for your errror
    > CMD-E- quick switch to other open documents
    >

    > As you might have counted, I only have 7. Any extra that I should
    > mention?
    Ten Commandments for me:
    cmd-shift-t = open type
    cmd-shift-r = open resource
    cmd-shift-o = auto-import
    cmd-opt-r = refactor rename (global)
    cmd-2 r = refactor local rename
    cmd-opt-1 / 2 / 3 = switch between java/wod/html
    cmd-o = in-place outline view
    cmd-o o = include superclass
    cmd-shift-g = show references
    F3 = go to declaration

    > I did refactor a wo file as per Edit->Refactor->Clean WO
    > Buildernames....
    > Somehow the wod file refactored, but the HTML file did not.
    I've never seen this before. It shouldn't matter which one you are
    editing. I would verify that the html file is valid before executing
    this. If it's reproducible, log a bug and attach a zip of the .wo
    for me.

    > Also, it seemed not to know ERXD2Wlist, so that that one remained
    > List1.
    This is correct ... I have to specifically add support for components
    (to tell it which binding is important), so not all of them will
    work. Log a bug for this one.

    > Where should your focus be during a refactor? The HTML file? The
    > wod file? Or should it not make a difference?
    Should not matter, usually.

    ms