Re: Building frameworks in Eclipse vs. Xcode

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 16:53:24 EDT

    On Jun 18, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Joshua Archer wrote:

    > Thanks, Chuck, for the reply.
    >
    > I'm not certain if things appear correctly in the classpath file -
    > what do I check to confirm?
    >
    > In the build directory, in Resources/Java, there is no .jar, only a
    > directory tree conforming to the package structure, and
    > compiled .class files inside.

    OK. So... when you build in Eclipse, something called the Incremental
    Builder runs. It creates just enough of the result that it can be
    run from within Eclipse. This is very cool and supports very rapid
    changes. But, and this is important, it is NOT a fully built,
    deployable bundle. To get one of those, you need to go to the
    context menu for the project and pick WOLips Tools -> Install.

    You also need to do three things when adding a framework project to
    an application project:

    1. Add the framework project as a dependent project in the Application
    2. http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Add+a+Framework
    +Dependency
    3. Adust the order so that the dependent projects come before the
    frameworks.

    I thought there was a wiki page showing this all, but I can't find it.

    Chuck