Re: Dreaded 404 - Servlet WOServletAdaptor is not available error

From: Stephen Edwards (edward..s.vt.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 17:05:22 EDT

    Jonathan Miller wrote:
    > I just purchased a new computer and downloaded and installed the latest
    > Eclipse/WOLIPS. Previously I had been running a custom build of WOLIPS
    > that has SSDD support for Tomcat.

    Presumably, your build.xml file is unchanged from before, right?

     From your classpath, it looks like you are not using Project WONDER.
    Is that correct?

    Often, this symptom is the result of a failure during app
    initialization. The WOServletAdaptor usually spits out some
    exception info on System.out (no, not controllable by NSLog
    settings or log4j stuff--just a plain old System.out.println())
    before throwing a second exception to indicate servlet
    initialization failed. This would appear after the classpath
    line you cited. Is there anything else useful in your log file?

    -- Steve

    Virginia Tech, CS Dept. Web-CAT: Web-based Center for Software Testing
    660 McBryde Hall (0106) Automatic grading using student-written tests
    Blacksburg, VA 24061 USA http://web-cat.sourceforge.net/
    (540)-231-5723 http://people.cs.vt.edu/~edwards/