Re: Building frameworks in Eclipse vs. Xcode

From: Joshua Archer (joshu..dl.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 17:42:55 EDT

    Okay, did the install (couldn't figure out where the ant build was
    actually putting the framework on a build.xml --> ant build), and in /
    Library/Frameworks I got the framework to build with the jar. I have
    associated plist files etc. -- did those get into the jar, or do I
    need to modify my ant script to copy those into the framework?

    I didn't get the strange AssetDBSupport file in the top level, but
    the application seemed to run just fine with it missing. Not sure
    what that is, but it appears not to be needed (at least at this point).

    Thanks,

    Joshua

    On Jun 18, 2007, at 2:00 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > On Jun 18, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >>> To get one of those, you need to go to the context menu for the
    >>> project and pick WOLips Tools -> Install.
    >> I don't actually build this way ... I right-click on build.xml and
    >> build, which generates a dist folder. Not sure if Tools=>Install
    >> does that too, or tries to actually write to /Lib/WO/Apps.
    >
    > I think it does actually install, now that you mention it. Running
    > build (the default target) from build.xml is probably a better
    > way. Personally, I use a complex Ant build, but you don't want to
    > hear about that. :-)
    >

    >> I hate #2 :) Well, ACTUALLY, I build from our build server, but
    >> the equivalent behavior is this.
    >
    > There has to be a better way to do this.
    >
    > Chuck
    >

    > --
    >
    > Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their
    > overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific
    > problems.
    > http://www.global-village.net/products/practical_webobjects

    -----
    Joshua Archer
    Software Engineer, CSU - Center for Distributed Learning
    Phone: 707.664.2085, Fax: 707.664.4350
    -----