Re: Help needed installing Eclipse and WOLips plugins

From: Johan Henselmans (joha..etsense.nl)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 17:23:36 EDT

    On 20-jun-2007, at 23:14, Lachlan Scott wrote:

    > Hi
    >

    > I’m trying to set up my iMac (2Ghz Intel dual-core, 2Gb RAM) for WO
    > development with Eclipse and struggling to get past the first hurdle.
    >

    > I cannot seem to download a complete tar.gz archive of Eclipse –
    > the download terminates after the first 25% which can be unpacked,
    > but contains only the plugins folder.

    Which version do you try to download? www.eclipse.org? I'd stay as
    close to the original thing as possible. If there are different
    versions around, the complications might be derived from a different
    version as that everybody else is using.

    Version for this moment is: 3.2.2

    > I have succeeded in downloading the EasyEclipse package (great work
    > from those guys!) but then struggle to download the WOLips and
    > related plugins.
    >
    > The plugin downloads, as per the objectstyle wiki tutorial goes
    > well until it actually tries to obtain the various plugins, and
    > then cannot obtain the Batik.jar, the process offers retries which
    > all fail, and eventually I cancel.

    Look at: http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/WOLips-
    Eclipse+beginner+mistakes+and+questions

    It seems you have run into any of the first few problems.

    > The EasyEclipse route seems the most promising (not least because I
    > don’t have to wait half an hour for the download of the regular
    > Eclipse to fail …).

    Try a different download site, or a differnt client to download. It
    sound like a client error to me.

    > Thanks in advance
    >

    > Lachlan Scott
    >
    > Nunchuck Skillz