RE: Help needed installing Eclipse and WOLips plugins

From: Lachlan Scott (lachlan.scot..unthered.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 18:20:34 EDT

    I have obtained Eclipse 3.2.2 and apparently successfully installed it;
    it launches ok.

    Following the instructions on the Wiki, the installation of the WOLips
    and related plug-ins still fails at the point where it tries to obtain
    the Batik jar.

    Being a suspicious type, I have in this last miserable day or so worked
    through local/system issues that may be related.
    Our network is clearly pretty flaky, and I improved things a little by
    using physical ethernet connection rather than Airport. But since I
    couldn't download the Eclipse installer on my PC either, which uses a
    physical connection, this can't be considered the whole of the problem,
    I don't think.

    I found the permissions on my /Applications were wrong, which might
    conceivably have caused a problem for Eclipse trying to install new
    jars. But fixing the permissions with Disk Utility has not solved the
    problem.

    My problem reduces now to an Eclipse/network/local problem, I assume;
    namely, why Eclipse Update Manager cannot obtain the required plug-ins.

    Many thanks

    Lachlan
    Bloke, since 1963