Re: Help needed installing Eclipse and WOLips plugins

From: Johan Henselmans (joha..etsense.nl)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2007 - 16:23:30 EDT

    On 24-jun-2007, at 21:11, Lachlan Scott wrote:

    > My woes continue this week ...

    Most of the times it has to do with one of three problems:
    1-you're not running java 1.5 or later: make absolutely sure you are
    running java 1.5 or later.
    2-you have jars in your classpath that meddle with the javajars that
    eclipse uses: things that come to mind are servlet.jar, batik, etc.
    Anything in your java classpath that is not a jdbc jar and not a
    standard JRE-jar should be set aside for the moment.
    3-you don't have the proper permissions: eg, you have installed
    eclipse as an administrator and now you are trying to update eclipse
    as a normal user.

    Let me know if you're OK with these. You are not running some super
    duper esoteric JVM that promised to be at least ten time as fast as
    the next thing, like MS's JVM of 1998? ;-)

    Regards,

    Johan Henselmans
    http://www.netsense.nl
    Tel: +31-20-6267538