Classloader Issue

From: Andrew Lindesay (ap..indesay.co.nz)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 02:44:19 EDT

    Hello;

    To be honest; I have always had a bit of trouble understanding
    exactly what's going on here. When I access my JMS queues from a
    WOA, I suspect that the JNDI's class-loader is different from the
    WOA's one and so it can't find the support classes required...

    Caused by: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate
    class: org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory [Root
    exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
    org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory]
            at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext
    (NamingManager.java:657)
            at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:
    247)

    I know that during boot, WO starts using its own classloader at some
    point and so there is obviously some division of what classes are
    available when and where.

    So usually I put the "client-jar files" into...

            /Library/WebObjects/Extensions

    ...and it seems that these classes are accessible to all necessary
    class-loaders.

    When I launch my WOA with eclipse it seems to not be finding the
    client classes for some reason. Has anybody solved this problem or
    can give some pointers?

    cheers.

    ___
    Andrew Lindesay