RE: Help needed installing Eclipse and WOLips plugins

From: Lachlan Scott (lachlan.scot..unthered.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 19:44:32 EDT

    For those following the peculiar problems I've been having using
    Eclipse' Update Manager to install the WOLips plugins:

    We've proved there is a network problem at large, (on both the Mac and
    PC, using either Airport or an ethernet cable), since Update Manager on
    the PC works correctly (for the SVN Subclipse plugin) when we use a
    different wireless modem to connect through a different network.

    Presumably, our new ISP at work has done something unusual with the kind
    of connection we have (packet sizes, perhaps, or something similarly
    low-level - ideas?) that prevented Eclipse working properly but still
    gave us an otherwise functional http connection.

    Anyway, I hope and expect to solve the problem similarly for the Mac in
    due course, and note merely that sometimes the problem *doesn't* exist
    between chair and keyboard ;-)

    Thanks again for all help.

    Lachlan