Re: Newbie Entity Modeler Help

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 00:15:48 EDT

    On 26/06/2007, at 2:03 PM, John Gregory wrote:

    > I think this must be a simple issue, but I'm not getting very far
    > with Entity Modeler...
    >
    > When I try to create a new EOModel or open an existing EOModel, I
    > click on the Database Config icon,

    Note: there should be a config already called 'Default'. You
    shouldn't need to create another config unless you've got multiple
    configurations you'd like to create.

    > and I get a blank "name" field,

    Give this configuration a name: e.g., TestConfig

    > a blank "prototype" popup with no choices,

    You've not got any JDBC*Prototypes models in your classpath. See
    ERPrototypes for an example.

    > and a blank "adaptor" popup with no choices,

    That's strange. It should offer both JDBC, JNDI. In fact, it probably
    should allow you to not set this.

    > plus a button that says "Make Config Active."

    That determines whether this will be the default configuration used
    when running your app.

    > When I've looked at the documentation, it appears that there should
    > be fields for me to enter the username, password, url, driver and
    > plugin, like EOModeler. However, those fields are not appearing for
    > me.

    Once seleting JDBC as the adaptor type these should appear, yes.
    Something's up...

    > Thanks in advance for any help.

    with regards,

    --